Method 1: Sideloading Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV with VPN
Adding Kodi to a Fire TV device, to create an all-in-one media player, is only getting more popular. It’s also made easy with the below step-by-step instructions.
First, you’ll need to install Kodi on your Fire TV Stick.
Kodi isn’t available directly from the Amazon App Store, but is still easy to install. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV
- Navigate to Settings, then Developer Options and select Enable apps from unknown sources
- Search the Amazon App Store for the Downloader app and install it
- Open Downloader and search for the Kodi app
- When prompted, select the Android version, and then the 32-bit version of the app
- Once the VPN app has finished downloading, click Install
Once you’ve done this it’s time to download your VPN onto your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV.
There are several ways to do this, but the simplest is to: navigate to the Amazon App Store, find your VPN app, download it and install it as you would on any other device.
Other methods include side-loading the VPN through an .APK or installing the VPN on a router.
For step by step advice on each method, we recommend reading our Firestick VPN setup guide.
Your Fire TV Stick is now set up for use with Kodi software and a secure VPN. Make sure the VPN is active before you launch Kodi.